Donka’s mobile instructor can help you get the most out of your assistive technology, whether you’re using the computer for the first time or just want a refresher course. Donka can come to you, and training can be conducted either on your workstation or Donka’s laptop. The focus of our training is on using Microsoft Products, such as Word, Excel, and Access in conjunction with the following types of Assistive Technology:
- Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Donka, Inc. accepts transition students and adults with physical disabilities, visual impairments or learning disabilities
- Participants must read at an 8th grade level or higher or must be currently be receiving reading and writing instruction
- Reside in DuPage, Kane, or approved parts of Will and Cook Counties
- Participants must have an open case with the Department of Rehabilitation Services (DRS) to qualify for no-cost services. Donka has a fee-for-service contract with DRS that covers the costs of assistive technology evaluations, assistive technology training, and computer training.
Helping Students Succeed in College and Beyond:
We can help determine the assistive technology that would enable students to succeed in a college setting, a work setting, or in their daily living. We will work with students on identification of equipment and/or programs focusing on individual needs, such as word prediction and/or text-to-speech programs that assist students in their course work, job related skills, or daily living skills.